The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and Amazon Prime Day are two sales you need to mark on your calendars so you don’t miss out! Items will sell out fast so I’ve provided a guide on how to snag the best deals before they are gone. New styles, popular items, never before seen prices, the two sales are so BIG they only happen once a year! If you love to find great deals and don’t want to risk a deal slipping through your fingers then you have to keep reading.
The post may include affiliate links.
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
Nordstrom’s anniversary sale is just around the corner and they have some incredible deals. There are a few details that you need to know before the sale starts.
Are you a Nordstrom card holder?
If you aren’t, this is the time to apply for their credit card! If you apply here and are approved for a Nordstrom card BEFORE July 9th (11:59 pm PT) not only will you receive early access to the anniversary sale and let’s face it who doesn’t want early access to an amazing sale? You’ll also receive a $20 note if you make any Nordstrom purchase the day you’re approved. You can use the $20 at a later time but it would be ideal to use it during the sale. After all, the prices are the best of the season! If you aren’t a card holder and you aren’t interested in opening an account then I’d suggest becoming a rewards member. You can still earn rewards for shopping at Nordstrom but you won’t be able to gain early access to the anniversary sale. Nordstrom will give you a $10 note if you enroll in their reward program so you can use it at a later date. Again the anniversary sale would be a great time to consider using it.
Early access to the anniversary sale
Early access begins on July 13-20th which is 8 days earlier than when the sale opens to the public. That’s 8 days worth of items that may sell out prior to the sale opening to the public. Items do sell out fast, so be prepared to be quick to order items that you want. I know in past years they were able to restock certain items when the sale went public however last year they didn’t. Once an item was sold out, you were out of luck. So if you have seen an item that you must have in the anniversary sale catalog then I’d consider applying for a Nordstrom card and not taking the risk of losing out.
What Products Does the Anniversary Include?
If you’re not familiar with the anniversary sale, it’s their yearly sale of items that are brand new and are being sold for super sale prices. If you’re like me you may think that the sale is limited to clothing but it’s not, there’s so much more. They have kitchen items, makeup, accessories, jewelry, home decor, bed and bath accessories and even office and stationary. I will say that they do run amazing makeup promotions. A helpful hint: they offer a gift with purchase as well as deals where they sell larger sized products at lower prices compared to the regular sized products they sell throughout the year. Take a look at the beauty bash schedule starting July 21st in stores. Not only will they have great makeup deals but there are also opportunities to go home with free samples, a mini facial and/or a great tote with $125 beauty purchase. Keep in mind when browsing the catalog that this would be a great time to begin your back to school shopping as well as grabbing a gift or two for an upcoming wedding, baby shower, or simply replenishing your makeup supply because there is such a great variety of items on sale.
Purchase Both In-Store & Online
The anniversary sale prices are available both in store and online so if you have little ones at home, stuck behind your desk at work or are away on vacation and you can’t seem to get out to the store to shop you can comfortably shop within your home, office or while traveling and avoid the busy stores. Nordstrom makes shopping their anniversary sale so easy for their customers.
Nordstrom’s anniversary sale is quickly approaching and if you’re a card holder remember the sale begins on July 13th and lasts through July 20th! It begins a whole week before it opens up to the public. It allows you the best opportunity to have first dibs on the products that will likely sell out prior to the sale opening up to the public on July 21st.
Amazon Prime Day
The other largest sale of the season is coming up on July 11th. It is Amazon’s exclusive sale for their Prime members only. In order to purchase and participate in the sale, you have to be a Prime member. I have been a member for 8 years and they continue to add more features every year. If you are unsure if the membership is right for you, keep reading to find out the many perks of being a member.
Before I even discuss Prime Day, I want to mention all the perks of being a Prime member. Prime is $99 annually or you can choose to make monthly payments of $10.99. I have found time and time again with just the shipping alone I have gotten my money’s worth every year. I love that Amazon continues to add more services within the Prime Membership so it’s more than just FREE shipping, it’s free books, convenient streaming of videos and music and exclusive deals for their members. To begin a 30-day FREE trial for Amazon Prime & have access to the big Prime Day, click here.
What Is Included with Amazon Prime Membership
1. FREE 2-Day Shipping and FREE Same-Day delivery on every eligible purchase. So no more waiting a week for your packages to arrive. Have you found yourself in need of a last minute gift or much-needed item for the house? Prime membership is an essential service.
2. FREE Release-Date Delivery- When you pre-order an item such as a book, CD, movie, etc. Amazon will deliver it to you the day it’s released for FREE. How cool is that? You can have it the same day it’s released without ever leaving your house!
3. Prime Video- This is one of my favorite perks. You have access to unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes for both paid and free trial members. So even if you are just wanting to try out Prime with their 30-day trial you can check out their huge library of movies and TV shows. I think you will be surprised with the wide selection.
4. Prime Music-Unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than a million songs for those in the U.S. & Puerto Rico. There’s no need for an additional paid service, it’s FREE with your membership.
5. Prime Photos- Secure unlimited photo storage and enhanced search and organization features in Amazon Drive for you and the members of your Family Vault. I will say I tend to use this feature a lot more than I thought I would. This is one of the newer features that Amazon provides with their Prime membership. I trust Amazon with storing my pictures since these days with technology you can never save your precious photos in enough places.
6. Kindle First- Another one of my favorites! You are provided with early access to a new book for free EVERY month. Kindle First sends out an email on or around the first of each month with a selection of different books to choose from. They send out a list of 6 books preselected by Amazon, you can choose one of the books to keep. There is always at least one book that peaks my interest.
Those are the top 6 features I use that comes with the Prime membership but it also includes: Prime Now (2-hr delivery or planned delivery), Amazon Resturants (1-hr delivery from popular restaurants), Prime Pantry (low priced grocery, household and pet care items for a flat delivery fee of $5.99 for each prime box), Amazon Elements (Amazon’s own line of everyday essentials), Amazon Dash for Prime (A button that helps prevent you from running out of your favorite products), Prime Early Access (30-minutes early access to Lightning Deals), Kindle Owners’ Lending Library, Prime Reading (borrow books, magazines and more from the Prime Reading catalog and read them on your Fire Tablet, Kindle, or Kindle app), Audible Channels for Prime (access to Audible Channels- $60/year value for FREE), Amazon Music Unlimited (Discounted Amazon Music Unlimited monthly plans & exclusive annual plans), Video Add-On Subscriptions (Purchase premium content from providers), Deals and Discounts, Compliments of Amazon Family (ex. 20% off diapers through Subscribe & Save, 15% off eligible products from your baby registry), Twitch Prime (Exclusive discounts on physical games pre-orders and new releases as well as Twitch.tv users who link their Amazon Prime account and get ad-free viewing on Twitch, a free Twitch channel subscription every month and exclusive access to free game content), Membership Sharing (2 adults living in the same household can create an Amazon Household to share certain Prime benefits), Prime Rewards (Eligible Prime members can earn 5% back at Amazon.com using the Prime Rewards Visa Card of the Amazon Prime Store card. All members earn 2% rewards with Amazon Prime Reload) and to save the best for last….access to Amazon Prime Day 2017! Without Prime, you’ll miss out on all the deals the sale has to offer.
Without Prime membership, you’ll not only miss out on all the great services connected with the Prime membership but you’ll be missing out on this incredible Prime Day sale. If you don’t want to miss out on the great sale give the 30-day trial a try and if you aren’t happy with it then cancel before the trial is up.
What you need to know before Prime Day starts on July 10 (yes, there is early access to the big sale) this year:
- The Prime Day event is exclusively for Amazon Prime Members Only! So if you don’t want to miss out on any great deals then be sure to sign up for a FREE 30-day trial here.
- The deals start rolling out on July 10 at 9 pm ET.
- New deals will be unveiled every 5 minutes- so keep your eyes glued for updates.
- Special Deals Before Prime Day Include Voice Shopping on July 5th, Amazon Music on July 6th, Prime Video on July 7th, Everyday Essentials on July 8th, Reading with Prime on July 9th and Prime Day starts at 9 pm ET on July 10th.
- Become an Amazon Prime Insider by subscribing to the weekly Prime newsletter and Prime Insider to get the exclusive offers and membership tips.
- Sign up for email updates from Amazon coupons and daily deals.
- Check in daily to get the latest news regarding Amazon Prime Day.
If you are as eager as I am for the sale to start and don’t want to miss out on a single deal be sure to sign up for Amazon Prime now so when the deals go live you won’t miss out on an opportunity to grab the great deals.
Now that you know the scoop about the two hottest sales of the season, be sure to sign up for the Nordstrom credit card to gain early access to the Nordstrom anniversary sale and become an Amazon Prime member so you can participate in Prime Day. Happy Shopping!
I’d love to hear what deals you find at Nordstrom and Amazon. Leave a comment below letting me know what your favorite finds are at both sale events.
Stay tuned for my upcoming post about the great incentives to shopping at Nordstrom.